Sunday, June 28, 2009

the sickness

16 days ago something happened to me. i began to get very shaky. 15 days ago i was not only shaky but i was also weak. 14 days ago i still had the same symptoms as the past two days but i was also nauseous.13 day and still the same symptoms but all of them were more extreme and i began to have pain in my stomach. this went on for 10 days before i decided to go to a doctor and see what was wrong. they tested me for h-pylori and of course just like the last 5 times i was tested for this it was negative. i was sent to the hospital to get an ultrasound of my gallbladder done to see if it was possibly gallstones. NEGATIVE! everything looks normal the doctor tells me. but by now the pain was getting unbearable. what do i do i kept thinking to myself, it hurts so badly. so i return to the Dr and they refer me to a surgeon and set up an appointment for me to get a scan on my gallbladder done to see if it was even working at all. that night as a lay in bed talking to Trevor(my boyfriend) i begin to get the worst pain i had ever had in my entire life. i began to sob. i couldn't even move and i was shaking like i had never don't before. what do i do i sobbed to him through the phone. he didn't know he said call 911 i cant help you. he was so worried i finally decided to call Becky, she didn't answer so i called home, no answer, so i called my dad, he answered. but what could he do? while he was calming me down i received a call from Rena she calmed me down some and then i talked to Becky while Lorena called Michelle. Michelle and her Trevor came straight to my apartment and picked me up and took me to the hospital. as i was getting signed in a girl and her friends came in. the girl had tried to kill herself and had overdosed on Tylenol. it was very scary. she was rushed in so the doctors could revive her. i was next. i was brought to my bedroom and they drew some blood and had me take a urine sample. i told them my symptoms and how long it had been in great detail. they left and soon a man came in and had me drink something incredibly gross and then gave me apple juice. he told me we are going to have to do a cat scan on you. next a lady walked in and hooked me up to an iv. ouch it hurt so badly. i then fell fast asleep after calling home and giving a report. they woke me up about 3 in the morning and wheeled me over to get a cat scan. i had to drink the gross stuff again. yuck! they lay me down and the cat scan began. the machine talked to me. it was so scary! it seemed like a nightmare that was way too real. i was given a substance that made me feel like i had peed my pants and gave me a metal taste in my mouth. i had an instant hot flash and it was really had to breathe. i was taken back to my room. i went back to sleep and was reawaken at around 5 in the morning by them telling me the cat scan didn't show anything wrong and they needed to flush my system to see if that would help at all.it was the worst thing i have ever had to do in my whole entire life. i will not go into detail but i will say my personal space was greatly violated. it made me feel even worse when the procedure was all over. i just felt like i was going to throw up even more and the pain was still there. i slept until 7 and they came in again and asked if i wanted the procedure done again and i said no. i was released from the hospital and was taken home. later that day i went to refill prescriptions and buy some medicine. i think i am getting better and i have God to thank he works so may miracles. How great it he? i still have pain and the same symptoms but i feel as though they are lessening as if i am being healed. thank you everyone for the support you gave me through my hard time, and praise the Lord God Almighty!

2 comments:

  1. I am clearly the hero in this story.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are doing better Mar! How scary when you are so far away from home! Feel better hun!!!!

    ReplyDelete